Anyone who knows me well knows this about me... I love a good quote!
For me, quotes preserve the wisdom of great men and women for eternity.
When I read a good quote, something inside of my just *clicks*, the words resonate, as if I'm reminded of a truth I'd always known but never acknowledged.
To make my 27th trip around the Sun, here are my 27 Favourite Quotes. Enjoy and let me know your favourite quote by leaving me a comment!
1. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
Fear can stop us short term but in the long term, it's Regret that will really hurt. Have courage and chase your dreams!
2. Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. - Mark Twain
Expectations lead to suffering, appreciate everything and expect nothing.
3. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Buddha
Real happiness is enjoying it with others.
4. Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'! - Audrey Hepburn
Can we really know for sure what is possible? Not so long ago, air flight seemed impossible, running a 4-minute mile seemed impossible, now they are both a reality.
5. I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.- Jimmy Dean
We can't choose what life throws at us but we can choose how we respond!
6. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller
Emotions like Love, Peace, Joy and Connection are the best things.
7. Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.- Les Brown
Dare to dream of big goals and take action towards them. Isn't it better to fall short on a big goal than achieve a small goal that doesn't challenge us?
8. You don't have to be great at something to start, but you have to start to be great at something.
- Zig Ziglar
So many people have great goals and dreams but label it as 'someday'. Start now, no matter how small a step you take, just start!
9. It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.- Tony Robbins
Every decision you have ever made has led you to this very moment where you are reading this Blog.
To create the future you want, what decisions will you have to make?
10. “Hope is the magic elixir that energizes dreams, fuels possibilities, and lets you live beyond the limits of your historical thinking. It is not a promise that something you want will happen — it is an invitation to enjoy the possibility of what you want while you and life negotiate the eventual outcome.
- Michael Neil.
The past is never a true reflection of what is possible. Hope for more and take actions to discover what really is possible.
11. “Remember – and this is very important – you’re only one thought away from happiness, you’re only one thought away from sadness. The secret lies in Thought. It’s the missing link that everybody in this world is looking for… It’s a gift that we were given to have the freedom to walk through life and see what we want to see. How much better than that can you get? That you have the freedom to walk through life and see as a free thinker, that is the greatest gift ever, to be a free thinker. - SYD BANKS”
Think about this, have you ever experienced life without thought?
Control your thoughts, control your life.
12. “I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality.” - Byron Katie
A tough lesson I had to learn to accept the reality I have been given in any given moment!
13. “This is the real secret of life -- to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” - Alan Watts
As children, everything is considered play. Could that be why as children we live with much more joy, energy and curiosity?
14. Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the Now the primary focus of your life. - Eckhart Tolle
Time is literally a tool inventing by humans to help us organise our lives. Our lives exist only in the present moment.
15. Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage. - Maya Angelou
It starts with Courage!
First we make our habits, then our habits make us. Who we are isn't fixed, change your habits and you'll change your life.
17. “Count each day as a separate life”. - Seneca
What if each new morning was a blank slate, a fresh opportuntiy to live how you've always wanted to?
18. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. -Buddha
Most of us do a great job of loving others, real love starts with loving ourselves.
19. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ― Henry Ford
We live within the borders of what we believe to be possible. Believe more is possible and you will see more really is!
20. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it.
- Steve Jobs
There is more to life than just working for money. Find something that you're good at, you can get paid and the world needs and the money will show up!
21. If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. - Milton Berle
We are masters of our own destinies.
22. What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Our greatness is infinite.
23. You must do the things you think you cannot do. - Eleanor Roosevelt
When we don't challenge our assumptions, we unconsciously reinforce the notion our assumptions must be true!
24. Ideas shape the course of history. - John Maynard Keynes
Look around you. Everything you can see and touch, began life as an Idea.
25. Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
- J.K. ROWLING
This quote helped me when I was at rock bottom. If we look for opportunities, a Breakdown can be turned into a Breakthrough.
26. Creativity is greater than circumstance - Jason Goldberg.
With a little bit of creativity we can overcome our current circumstances and if we can't change them we have the creative capacity to change how we feel about them!
27. “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”. - Albert Einstein
If we want new results, we must take new actions!
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly